Skin is sore and itchy. Is this the cause of concern?

this sore seems to appear every now and then on my skin in the same location. the area would start to itch then a bump and eventually a sore. it normally goes away after two weeks but it would the sore burns until it goes away..
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Thanks for the query. It is looking as prurigo nodularis, an itchy condition which keeps recurring. There is also a bit of bacterial infection. Take some oral antibiotic and apply antibiotic cream. once the infection is under control, go for intra lesion steroid injection. This will help in permanent cure. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you