Skin is getting rough and tanned. Suggest some treatment?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
My skin is getting rough and tanned day by day. I want to impart fairness of my skin. I visited to Andaman for 7 days 6 months before and had sunbath frequently. I didn't use any sunscreen at that time. I am facing the problem of tanned skin from that time. My face, especially my hands have become very rough and tanned. Please help me out.
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

Suntan fades off from 6 months to one year depending on the skin type and the original climate the skin adapted to.

Feel confident about your looks. Don't worry whether your skin in tanned for not. I am writing down few tips for you anyway.

•     Gentle skin peels can get rid of tanned skin. Choose the right peel system that gently exfoliates your skin and stimulates regeneration.

•     Apply the mixture of raw turmeric and cream of milk on the face and wash it after 20 minutes. It will make your skin fair.

•     Make a mixture of 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and glycerin and apply it on the dark spots to get rid of them.

. Daily use cleanser for your face and when you go out use sunscreen lotion.. do fruit massage..

If they do not help you need to see a Dermatologist for peeling procedures.

Hope I have answered your query.

If you are satisfied close this query.

you can rate and give your reviews.