Ask a Urologist   »  

Skin irritation with bleeds, white slime under skin. What to do?

Hi, I am uncircumcised and having a problem with skin irritation at the opening. When I pull the skin back it is very sore and sometimes the irritations opens and bleeds, Also I noticed at times there is a white slime under the skin. I clean daily and this problem continues. jojo1937
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 21 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to us.

With the symptoms of skin irritation at the opening of your penis and little bleed when the fore skin is pulled back the possibility of an infection is the first diagnosis to be considered. This is known as balanitis clinically. The presence of a white slime could be due to infection by a fungus called candida. This is a slow infection and usually involves areas of the body which are all sweaty and moist, like the genital region.

This is a treatable condition if detected early and if not treated could lead to more severe infection. If left untreated it could also lead to non retraction of the foreskin and leading to phimosis.

I suggest you consult a urologist to confirm your condition and take the treatment prescribed. The above mentioned opinion is a possibility that has been concluded from the problems as described by you.

Hope your query is answered.
Further questions welcome.

Dr A. Rao Kavoor