Skin has started to close around penis, not circumcised. What can be done?

My husbands skin has started to close around his penis,he was not circumsized as a baby.What kind of Dr should he see?
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Based on the description you provided I suspect your husband is developing Phimosis.

It could be secondary to recurrent infections or minor trauma. This if not treated may become permanent and can cause complications if not treated.

You may have to consult an Urologist who may perform Circumcision. Circumcision is a day care surgery without any complications.

Meanwhile he can apply 0.05 % Betamethasone valerate cream to prevent further encroachment of the foreskin over the glans.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.