Skin grafting dove for the post burn contractions in neck. Treatment for unfolding of aorta?

My wife had a fire accident on 27.3.12. Treated. Had GERD on 24.9.12. Treated. Had a skin grafting on 22.1.13 for the post burn contractions in her neck. On 20.2.13 she had minor a c/o unresponsiveness. And the chest x-ray diagnosis says she has unfolding aorta. What shall I do now?
At present not taking any medicine. She has again to be operated for some more contractures on account of the burns in the right and left sides of her neck. I shall provide more details after an hour when I load the reports in pdf format.
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 6 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Nothing need be done for the unfolding of aorta.
Or for that matter, any laboratory finding per se – it is the patient as whole, one should treat.
With age, stiffening of the blood vessel wall occurs.
The big blood vessel coming up from the heart (Aorta) arches down to go below.
The arch may become a bit wider from atherosclerosis (thickening), blood pressure and so on.
This is an incidental finding routinely seen in most people.

The meaning of ‘c/o unresponsive’ is not clear. If true, it may be worthwhile to consult a neurologist – this might have been a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA). There is no neurological deficit now. MRA (and MRI) may give clues...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Skin grafting dove for the post burn contractions in neck. Treatment for unfolding of aorta? 7 hours later
On 20.2.13 she was admitted unconsciously to Grace Hospital, Tiruvannamalai.
Shall it may because of the earlier "acid reflex" (GERD) - may be a milder than the one
when she was admitted to Christian Medical College Hospital, Vellore during Sept.12, because of which in the summary of discharge they would have mentioned "c/o
unresponsiveness". Can I have to expect some more problems on account of two more post burn contractures have to be operated with my wife's health. Please once again spend some more time in looking into the reports submitted by me and
help me as to how she has to taken care off - clinically/diet/exercises etc.
she takes lesser food/juices/horlicks/B-protein etc. eventhough it is
insisted by me. What may be the supplemental food that can be fed to her and also
any medicine/tonics/enzymes/vitamin supplement shall be administered.
Please advise.
with regards.
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 55 minutes later

Loss of consciousness / failure to respond – even when temporary, should be investigated thoroughly, preferably by a neurologist. MRI, MRA, EEG may have to be done to exclude a treatable cause and future prevention.
It is not likely from reflux (GERD) / reflux has resulted in difficulty of speech (dysarthria)
It is not likely from contractures.
GERD can cause aspiration pneumonia in the postoperative period and that has to be kept in mind.

Eating has major psychological background.. She is likely to be depressed from the events / she must be convinced by friends and relatives to prop up her health to enable further surgery and favourable progress. There are several Over-The-Counter food preparations on the market – supermarket and pharmacies (like Complan, Ensure, GRD and so on). They are all almost similar; have all the basic needs and come in different flavours. You can change them, depending on patient’s preference. Your treating doctor at the bed side will be the best person to advice

With surgery in the past, there may not be significant problems for future surgeries. But it is preferable to have them done in a Multi Speciality Tertiary Care centre / teaching facility. Having been in CMC before, it will be ideal place for future too.

I have seen the attached file before (Did you observe that it is upside down?!)
I have seen it again...

May God bless