Skin graft done on eyelid was not successful. Can I remove it?

I have skin graft done on my eyelid to extend the length of the eyelid 2 weeks ago. The surgeon did a very bad job and i decided to remove the graft. Is that ok to remove it now? Or i have to wait till the graft completely heal?
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha. 26 hours later
Brief Answer: More information needed. Detailed Answer: Hi, The query is not complete and informative. Provide the information in the following headings - gender, age, whether it is done for cosmetic purpose, or medical purpose and associated diseases like diabetes, or hypertension. As it is I advise you to wait till the complete healing. May be it might look better after complete healing after the connective tissue shrinks to accommodate the skin tissue. In the mean while try to have balanced and nourishing food for good recovery. Avoid disturbing the area. What ever decision you take, the first and fore most thing is ask your operating doctor about the dissatisfaction, he may clarify the doubts. Hope this helps. I welcome you to approach me for further doubts. Wishing for a good recovery. Regards
Follow-up: Skin graft done on eyelid was not successful. Can I remove it? 17 hours later
If i still dont like the graft after it is completely healed, can i still get them removed? Will it be harder to separate the graft and my eyelid skin after it heals? I dont want to lose any more of my original eyelid skin while removing.
Answered by Dr. Veera Raghava Rao Buddha. 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Still no full information. Detailed Answer: Hi, Don't worry, cosmetic surgery is a miracle, it can do miracles. I believe that you will have the required shape by the time of complete healing. But except the operating doctor no one can think what will be the out come. As you describe it is the surgery to extend the length of the eye lid. So if you want to cut short some of it , it can be done with out loosing much of the skin of the eye lid. Because there is excess of the eye lid newly formed. And skin need not be separated from underlying tissues. Still that is all my assumption only - the operating surgeon will be the correct judge to decide. Wishing for a beautiful recovery. Regards