Skin colour turned to black and is flaky. Diagnosed with eczema. How to get cured?

hello, for nearly a year now my skin has turned black from neck to toes. it flakes severely i have to hoover my bed every night and everywhere around the house daily. it also itches intensely but the doctors and dermatologists just say it's eczema but i know it is not as i have had that before. The problem is XXXXXXX but i look like im dying.
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 5 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

The condition you are describing can be seborrheic dermatitis, contact dermatitis,psoriasis, acquired ichthyosis etc.

You can take tablet zyrtec twice daily for itching .Also you can apply good quality moisturizer having XXXXXXX butter and coco butter.
Also oat meal bath is a good idea for eczema which is extensive.

Also I would like to know-
Since when you have this?Was there any skin problem since childhood?

Are you on any drugs/natural supplements?

Are your liver function test done?What was the result?

Can you upload good quality photos of the affected skin.

Photos can be helpful in predicting the condition.

here is feature to upload the reports / image by yourself on this web page, please utilize that so that I can comment further.

Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject line as “Attention Dr. Sudarshan”.

Anticipating your reply.

Follow-up: Skin colour turned to black and is flaky. Diagnosed with eczema. How to get cured? 21 hours later

It is none of these, i used to have sensitive skin and mild eczema however since last year it got so bad. These pictures re representative of my skin all over and the colour has become very black. The GPs have not looked into this problem any further than to say it is eczema but i know what the is and it is not that. i also get a lot of water retention in my legs and arms and some translucent patches underneath the skin. All that you have prescribed is no different to the GPs have said, however this does not help. I am currently taking chinese medicine which has improved my health greatly, as i was much worse. I have not had a liver function test as the GP has never recommended it.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 16 hours later

Ive gone through the photos and the details.

It appears that you have extensive eczema.
The cause may be dilated veins over lower limb.

You need to get rid off the cause that is varicose veins.

You need a short course of oral antibiotics and steroids .

Also topical antibiotics and topical steroids like betamethasone should be used.

Some blood work like complete blood count,
liver and kidney function test should be done.

Please consult a dermatologist who can prescribe you medications considering your extent of disease weight etc.

hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.