Skin colored bumps like skin tags on vagina, attached by a little skin, sex with husband

Question
i have skin colored bumps(like skin tags) on my vagina. When i move them around they feel like they are only attached by a little bit of skin(normally like a skin tag). i have had sex with only my husband for the past two years & he does not have this. what could it be?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later

The skin colored tags on the vagina can be-
1. Hymenal tags- These are the parts of the membranous structure hymen which remain hanging around the vaginal opening. It is a harmless finding and if needed can be excised by your gynecologist.
2. Genital warts- Usually due to viral infection. Some of the simple tests carried out by your gynaecologist will confirm the diagnosis.

A thorough examination is entailed for proper diagnosis and treatment.

Till then you can take general cleanliness measures to avoid any infection in that area.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Regards.