Skin breaks out profusely and feels itchy when exposed to the sun. What can be done?

when my skin is exposed to the sun, instead of a normal "sun-burn" my skin breaks out profusely aNd feels an extreme itch aNd burn CONSTANTLY, especially when touched oR even moved aRouNd, and i cannot find anything to help the allergic reaction..please help me
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 6 hours later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concern.

Here are the thing you need to deal with sunburns.

1) Cool compresses
2) Over-the-counter pain medications, such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB)
3) Antihistamines, such as diphenhydramine (Benadryl)
4) Aloe vera gel or lotion
5) Hydration — drinking plenty of fluids

Please feel free to contact me in case of any other concern.

Thanks for the query
Follow-up: Skin breaks out profusely and feels itchy when exposed to the sun. What can be done? 24 minutes later
no Sir, i am 29 years young and this is not a sunburn like most obtain from exposure to the sun..its w/o the welps for them, aNd without the allergic reaction ive been covered are more picturea..just look, please..i NeeD SoMeTHiNg!!!!! please!!!
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 16 minutes later

Welcome back, here is the best over the counter medication which will help you but it does contains steroid. Its a local application cream since you are not having relief from Benadryl.

Aveeno Calamine & Pramoxine XXXXXXX Anti-Itch Cream with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal Steroid -- It will be available in walgreens. (I am sure about that).

Now as you are applying steroid with anti itch agent which will help you, yow will need to take care of following things.
1) avoid contact with eyes.
2) Stop use and ask a doctor if condition does not improve or reoccurs within 7 days.
3) Avoid sunlight exposure.

Again feel free to contact me.
Thanks again.