Skin boil on penis shaft, painful and sensitive. Prescrobed with bactroban. No improvemnt. Advise?

Dermatologist
Question
hello, i have what seems to be a skin boil on the side of my penis shaft, it has been over 2 months, when i first went to the doctor it was an open wound, and the doctor prescrobe bactroban, i have been using it regularly since that is now about 8 weeks and still no improvement. in the damages skin area there is a white boil, very painful and sensitive, has a tiny dot like whole. since the beginning of this i beleived it is an ingrown hair, but after 2 months it still hasnt come out, its painfull, and difficult to deal with... i try hot compress, and hot baths with empsom salts, still nothing really helps, any advice?
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 47 minutes later
Hai
From the history and description it could have been a cyst.
Cyst needs to be excised by a surgeon and sutured.
Hence I adbice you to consult a surgeon and get his adbice.
The fact that you applied an antibiotic for more than four weels denotes this is not a simple infection andsomething beyound that.
Hope I made myself clear.
Have a nice day
Prassd pvs

Follow-up: Skin boil on penis shaft, painful and sensitive. Prescrobed with bactroban. No improvemnt. Advise? 8 minutes later
i dont beleive its a cyst, by looking at photos of other examples, it looks more like a skin boil. I also think there is an ingrown long hair growing side ways.

the boil itself is a smaller area located inside the damaged skin area.
the boil is white and looks like similar examples seen on the web.
trying to make a whole to help release the content is extremely painfull.

the damaged skin area arround the boil is a result of squeezing and poking.
However the boil itself seems to be the main problem. under the white skin i think i see what appears to be a long hair growing sideways. until it comes up it will continue to hurt.

any other advice doctor then a cyst?

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 5 minutes later
Hai
Thanks for your eloborate description. Can you send a photo to help you more?

Follow-up: Skin boil on penis shaft, painful and sensitive. Prescrobed with bactroban. No improvemnt. Advise? 7 minutes later
its now 1am - i wil send photo for follow up tomorow

also note, that there is NO major lump. its very flat

this link shows a good example of my condition (not my picture)

WWW.WWWW.WW
i will take a photo and show you tomorow ok?

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 1 hour later
Ok goodnight