Skin between upper inner thigh and scrotum is rubbed raw. Scrotum rubbing against it. Remedy?

The skin between my upper inner thigh and scrotum is rubbed raw. The scrotum is constantly rubbing up against the thigh and/or sticking to it to when I move my legs or walk, it makes it worse.
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief looks like fungal infection
Detailed answer...
Your symptoms suggest it to be a fungal infection or TINEA CRURIS or contact dermatitis.
Treatment involves local application of anti fungal medications.
Most cases of fungal infection become all right with OTC products like miconazole,CLOTRIMAZOLE ,terbinafine etc.
You can get creams like lamisil,nizoral,mycelex etc from the pharmacist.
Sometimes severe cases may require oral antifungal tablets.
You should keep applying local antifungal cream for at least 7-10 days more even after your fungal infection is gone,because it tends to reoccur.
Wear loose cotton underwears.
Give proper air to the area for sometime everyday by removing your clothes.
Don't share your towel with others.
I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck