Skin between my vagina and bum hole is red and itchy. Put savlon. What else can be used?

The skin between my vagina and bum hole is really red and itchy, can I put savlon on this or what would you recommend?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Avoid savlon ma'am, need tests

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

It would be best to avoid the use of savlon ma'am, as such a presentation usually takes place due to infections. If you do not mind me asking, do let me know if you have any of the following symptoms:
-Frequent urination
-Itching around your genitals
-Burning sensation while urinating
-Vaginal discharge
-Increased urge to urinate but less urine passed
-If you are sexually active, then burning sensation in vagina after intercouse
-Foul smelling genitals or discharge

The reason why I have stated the above symptoms is because the most common causes for a presentation similar to yours are infections (yeast, bacterial, viral), vulvovaginitis (inflammation and infection of the vagina), UTI), etc.

Please visit a doctor to conduct a urine and vaginal examination ma'am. Only these investigations would help in making a diagnosis and treating you, if I were your doctor I would have done the same.

Please drink plenty of water, avoid wearing undergarments, avoid sexual contact (if you are sexually active), and please visit your doctor at the earliest.

Hope this information helps. Please feel free to write back to me for any furher clarifications.

Best wishes.