Skin below eyes started burning and feels tight when blinking. Had this before when used facial cream. Advise?

Burning sensation of the skin below the eyes, I ate a XXXXXXX pizza, a quiche and a slice of chocolate cake, then couple minutes later...the skin below my eyes starting burning, when I blink, the skin feels is still burning (its is about 20mins now). I have had this before, when I used a facial cream product, I discontinued the product after that. Could it be something in the food I ate?
I have never had any food allergies...
The skin is not red...just only burns.
I just washed my face with cool eased the burning feeling for just about 10secs. There is slight burning on eyelids now...btw both eyes....the right eye feeling worse than the left eye.
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 59 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

It could be allergic reaction to the food you just had. But normally it is also associated with skin rash and some times with some itching.

Try to identify the food after having which you are having such a problem (you may have to try various food items and identify the substance causing such a problem). Avoid such food substances which cause such a problem.

If the symptoms persists after physical examination and confirmation of diagnosis your doctor may prescribe antihistaminics for the allergy. Calamine lotion application may help.
Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
Associate Professor of Pediatrics