Skin became rough, upper layer is peeling off after using Cetaphil, Adapelene, BPO. What to do ?

Dermatologist
Question
This is regarding my skin problem. Dr XXXXXXX had recommended few creams and sunblock to apply
Cetaphil, Adapelene and BPO, but now my skin is become slightly rough and upper layer of the skin is getting peeled off (like the way it happens during winter)
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Acne

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 3 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for following up.

I initially told you to use BPO + Clindamycin and not adapelene. But you bought adpalene as you didnt get BPO+clindamycin in bangalore.

I also warned you that adapelene may lead to a little irritation.

Adapelene does make the skin rough and peeling in some people.

If it is a little and not bothering you a lot, the continue with it and apply a non-comedogenic mositurizing cream (cetaphil).

If it is too much then withold using adapelene for 7 days.
Then restart, but only for 2 hours (apply at 7pm and wash at 9 pm).

we will gradually, increase the duration.

Thanks

Follow-up: Skin became rough, upper layer is peeling off after using Cetaphil, Adapelene, BPO. What to do ? 8 minutes later
At this point in time it is not much...but i can see the patches on my face when i use talcum powder and there is irritation at times.

i use cetaphil facewash, apply BPO and sunblock when i go out in the morning or evening.
I apply adapelene in the night times only....when should i apply non-comedogenic mositurizing cream (cetaphil)...? Should i ask for cetaphil mosturizing cream...? Will it help...?

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 35 minutes later
Yes use cetaphil cream.
Apply adapelene only for 2 hours at night.

Then wash off and apply cetaphil cream.

Follow-up: Skin became rough, upper layer is peeling off after using Cetaphil, Adapelene, BPO. What to do ? 47 minutes later
Dr, my question was when to use cetaphil cream...?

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 26 minutes later
and thats what i replied...

Then wash off and apply cetaphil cream.