Size of penis is small, affecting sex life. Suggestion?

Psychiatrist
Question
Dear Doctor, I would like to find out if my problem is a physical problem, or psychological, or lack of knowledge, or all of above. My partner has about 3.5 inches of penis size and it seems to me that I am not satisfied with our sex for this reason.
I am 25,5 years old. My partner is 39,5 years old. We've been living together like a family for 2 years (except for my 1-month affair with an average sized penis man in between the two years of my current relationship...my current partner knows about it, we moved on). My partner is not worrying about the size of his penis and he says his previous partners never complained. I grew up with an idea and knowledge in mind that small penises are no good. I had different partners before my current relationship, they had average and above average penis sizes. It seemed to me that average size was very good for me and above average hurt. I really value my current relationship and my partner and I are dreaming about family together. However, since the first time we had sex there has been a problem. Even though sometimes we have great moments in sex and I totally forget about the size of his penis, in general I have been over-concerned about the size of his penis and I feel like it is too short for me, I feel like I never felt with my current partners like with some wonderful partners I had before who had average size of penis. And when I read the statistics about penis sizes and internet, I get totally depressed.. I know that the sizes of vaginas also differ in size and I suspect mine is medium. My partner and I are seeking for help. Lately it's been very hard for us emotionally.. Moreover, I will have to leave the country in 1,5 month for about a year and we will see each other about once per month or two during next year. We simply can't understand and don't know if we are physically compatible. I would really appreciate of you could help to find the answer. Thank you so much. Best regards, Inna
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 43 minutes later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I can understand what you are going through, but you would be relived to know that this complain and query is very common and you are not the only one.
First and foremost, wanted to explain you that its only the outer 2 inches of vagina that is sensitive to touch and pleasure and the rest of it is elastic but not sensitive. Which means that a penis of 2.5 inch and that of 6 inch will cause same amount of sensation and pleasure irrespective of their sizes. Medical histories have reported penis as small as 1.5 inch to produce good orgasms in their partners.
Secondly, like your height and weight, there are bound to be variations in ones penis sizes and they dont matter unless they are more than 2 inches in length.
Moreover, even if at all you want to increase the size of penis,it is practically not possible. So please stop seeing doctors for increasing the penis size. Dont fall prey to all those bogus advertisements.
if you can have sex and get orgasms, then length of the penis is not an issue. Its probably in your mind that penis size matters and thats the reason you are so apprehensive. To answer your question directly: Your problem is psychological!
Spend some good time with your partner and you will have more interest in sex.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.

Follow-up: Size of penis is small, affecting sex life. Suggestion? 15 hours later
Thank you very much for your answer, Doctor. It does make me feel relief. Could you please advise how I can effectively get rid of my anxiety regarding the size of penis of my partner? Also, do you know about any good books or videos, or other methods we can read, watch or practice to learn more about sex and which could help us in our case?

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 7 hours later
Hello
Nice to know that my efforts could be of help to you.
I would suggest that you should visit a psychologist who could consider you for a couple of sessions of cognitive behaviour therapy. That will help you a lot.
There is a lot of information about your problem on internet. Just google "myths about penis size " and you will get plenty of material to read. No need to spend on books for these myths.
Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX