Sinus drainage, burning throat, red patches on the roof of mouth with white tongue. Difficulty in eating spicy food. What could be the reason?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
i have sinus drainage, a slight burning throat, a small red patch of bumps on the roof of y mouth and some white on my tongue. food spicy or with pepper makes it burn. what could this be?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 5 hours later

You are suffering from an upper respiratory infection either viral or bacterial or fungal.
The exact diagnosis requires clinical examination and investigations like throat swabs, complete blood counts and smear and if required x-rays of sinuses.

If viral, the lesion might resolve on its own in a week or so but your symptoms are more suggestive of a bacterial infection or oral thrush so kindly consult your physician for confirming diagnosis and starting treatment.

Till then you should avoid very spicy food, do warm saline gargles thrice daily for relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.