Sinus and nose surgery done. Noticed change in personality and behavior. Are they related?

ENT Specialist
My husband is 52 and had sinus and nose surgery reconstruction on Oct. the 3rd. His personality has completely changed. He is somewhat flat-lined with his emotions. He has no concern for his children, his sisters his mother or me. He started seeing another woman (even staying with her) but acted as if I would and should be ok with this and that others should understand. Needless to say we seperated but I am very worried about what happened to him. This is not at all like he was before surgery. It's like he stayed angry after surgery for several days because he hurt, (he said). Then he went into a very weird state of mind. He has been doing things very uncharacteristic. He has been doing some illegal things involving his work. He went from thinking black and white about thngs to nothing matters and he has no moral compass. What do you think?
Posted Fri, 25 Jan 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 35 minutes later

I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon. On the basis of the information provided it appears that the present behavior and change in personality of your husband is not related with the nose and sinus surgery he had undergone few months back.

However I must say that any surgery is a kind of stress and this may be a predisposing factor but not the causative factor for the present situation. I would advise you to consult a psychiatrist. He will be the right person to help you it in this (if the present situation is related to the surgery). Please take a appointment with a psychiatrist.

I hope this answers your concerns. Feel free to contact me if you need more information about it

With regards
Ravinder Sharma