Sinking feeling in stomach causing weakness along hands and feet, lip numbness. What could this be?

I get this sinking feeling in my stomach, when this happens my wrists and hands get extremely weak along with both feet...what could this be.. And my lips feel slightly numb..
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. S. Jegadeesan 12 hours later
Hello Madam,
Thanks for your enquiry,
From the way you have explained the complaints I think there is a problem in the vagal nerve. This is merely my assumption.
The vagus nerve otherwise called as 10th cranial nerve.
It is one of the largest nerve systems in the body. It inter mingle with other nerves also.
It originates from the brain stem and descends down to neck, thorax, and abdomen.
It is a mixture of motor and sensory nerve supplying mainly the lung and stomach..
It may under act or overreact to the stimuli it receives it.
When it is not functioning properly, you may feel the discomfort you are feeling in the stomach as well you feel weak in using upper or lower limbs. This pain may also be coupled by muscle cramps when you move or perform actions such as picking up objects Its mode of action is very difficult to assess
Nausea, heartburn, stomach pains, spasms in the stomach, weight loss, difficulty in swallowing and numbness in the lips may be associated with this. BP and Pulse monitoring is also important
As it supplies vast area, it has to be assessed by a complete clinical examination.
Have a complete examination and there are treatments available to stimulate it
Best regards