Single dose of Azithromycin 500, chlamydia infection, infection persists. Treatment ?

Hi i tryed a 1gram singel dose of Azithromycin 500 for my chlamydia infection go away. But i think im still infected now after 6 mounth past. What is the dosage you recomend will cure me fo sure? Im 33 yo 185cm 95 kg. Dont take any other drugs. Do not have any allergies.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Prasad 25 hours later

Chlamydial infection have been treated with Azithromycin. Clinical trials have found that a single dose of Azithromycin 1 gram to be effective in treating chlamydial infections.

A few other antibiotics which are useful in the current circumstances are doxycycline, tetracycline, erythromycin, fluroquinolones such as ofloxacin.

I encourage you to consult your primary physician for physical examination and tests. You may get any of the above medications prescribed by them. The treatment of chlamydia needs to be monitored by them.

Hope my answer is adequate and informative. Should you have more concerns, I will be available to address them.