Since puberty having white thick discharge. But clear liquid comes when stimulated or having sex. Underlying cause?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
This is embarrassing, but since puberty I have been able to get wet regardless of what I am doing. IE walking up stairs, sitting in class, watching tv, etc. But its not like urine it is a white discharge that ranges from either extremely thick and like (white opaque or clearish depending on your definition) or white and creamy. BUT when I am having sex or when my boyfriend is most stimulating my clit I have clear liquid come out like peeing (AM I?) and it is a ton of fluid. I am embarrassed. He is the first guy to ever get me to do this and he can only get me to do it either with just clitoris stimulation or his finger in me. Am I peeing because I am contracting so hard?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us. I am trying to solve your problem.

It is not your pee. Your presenting feature is mostly suggestive of lukorrhoea in medical term. It is white thick/ liquid type clear discharge with no bad smell & itching.

It is quite physiological and occurs due to estrogen hormone imbalance. With rising of estrogen, there is abundant secretory activity of the endocervical gland.

Physiological excess occurs during puberty, around ovulation time and before commencing of period, during sexual excitement (more secretion from bartholin gland). These are quite normal phenomena.

Beside this cervical and vaginal cause can more precipitate the above condition. These includes cervical ectopy, cervicitis, mucous polyp, ectropion, increased pelvic congestion in pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), using contraceptive pill, ill health etc.

Clinical and pelvic examination with speculum may be needed to carry out by your gynecologist. Some relevant investigation like routine urine examination, vaginal swab test for microscopic examination & culture, hormonal assay etc are required to pinpoint the diagnosis and helps to rule out infective pathology.

Some measures to be taken to improve this type of condition:

1) Take healthy diet with more green vegetables and fresh fruits. Drink more water or fluids. Vitamin & iron supplements are quite helpful.
2) Keep your genital area clean & dry. Use mild, unscented soap and water to rinse well. After toilet, wipe from front to back to avoid spreading of bacteria from your anus to the vagina or urinary tract.
3) Wear allergen free clean cotton underwear that helps to keep your genital area dry.
4) Avoid tight-fitting clothing like panty hose and tight-fitting jeans. These may increase body heat and moisture in your genital area.
5) Don't douche or use deodorant tampons or feminine sprays, powders, or perfumes. These can change the normal balance of organisms in your vagina.
6) Try to avoid any type of sexual activity for few weeks and clean your genital area before & after each sexual intercourse.
7) Avoid mental stress/ depression/ anxiety by yoga/ meditation/ breathing exercise. Take a sound sleep with complete relaxation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen.