Ask a Dentist   »  

Since past 2 months I am having hot' n cold

Excellent

Dentist
Question
Since past 2 months I am having hot' n cold sensation in one of my tooth. Now since a day blood is coming out from the gum under that tooth. There is no pain apart from sensitive tooth. Today all the doctors in XXXXXXX are on strike. Any medicinal advice will be highly valuable. Should I see a endodontist or periodontist.
Posted Sat, 2 Dec 2017 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be either tooth or gum infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

If the cold and hot sensation is in a single tooth then it is most probably due to decay in the tooth that is approximating the nerve..

Bleeding from the gum can be due to gum infection that can also occur secondary to tooth decay..

But for confirmation a clinical examination and an x ray is a must.

So you can see a General dentist or an Endodontist and get evaluated.

For now you can start using anti-sensitivity toothpaste.
You can apply the paste over the tooth and leave for half a minute and then brush with it.
Also massage the gum with gum paint like Stolin gum paint and do warm saline gargles..
You should let your hot or cold food come to room temperature before you eat it so that sensitivity is less..

Please let me know for further queries..

Hope this helps.

Regards.