Since menopause recent orgasm has changed. Instead of crescendo get only one spasm which is not satisfying. Advise?

It has been 4 years since my menopause and since recently orgasm has changed for me. Instead of a crescendo or waves, I get only one spasm which is not very satisfying. Can you advise
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sexual dysfunction due to oestrogen deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX I feel you are suffering from post menopausal sexual dysfunction.This is one of the problem encountered during post menopausal period. It is usually due decrease in oestrogen hormone. Other cause are: Vaginal atrophy again due to oestrogen deficiency.
Treatment: Oral, transdermal, or vaginal estrogen preparations are the most effective treatment options for vulvovaginal atrophy-related sexual dysfunction.
There is also role of Testosterone injection for the same complaint. Testosterone therapy is usually administered concomitantly with estrogen therapy.
Kindly do not be anxious or get depressed, because this could contribute enormously for the present complaint.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile