Since last Sunday I have had double vision and flu

Question
Since last Sunday I have had double vision and flu like aches,very low energy, mild head aches and soreness in my right upper jaw. My sense of balance is not steady.
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Zotaj Antoneta 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You might be going through a viral infection, see details and advises below

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for asking at healthcaremagic.

I carefully read your question and understand your concern.

By the symptoms you explain the most likely cause is a viral infection you might be going through. The flu like aches, very low energy, headaches, soreness of the upper jaw (in case the sinus there is effected) can be well explained with a viral upper respiratory infection.
The double vision might also be related to the viral infection if it effects the areas in the ear that effect the balance. Ear structures are very important for eye movement as they give information for our position and coordinated eye movements. On the other hand the double vision should not last more than a few seconds at a time when it happens and if you close one eye you should not see dark spots.
If the double vision lasts for longer than a few seconds, and goes on for minutes even if you are lying down and not moving than you will need a visit to find the cause of it as it does not seem typical with a common viral infection.

Please watch while you walk, walk slowly and stand up slowly so you don't fall and get hurt. Meanwhile make sure you drink well and keep yourself hydrated and try to eat frequent small amount of food.

Many common cold drugs might make your fatigue worse so be cautious of them.

I hope this is helpful and answers to your question but please feel free to reply in case more clarification is needed on this.

Kind regards,

Antoneta Zotaj, MD