Since having sciatica problems, sometimes have pain in bladder when urinating. Is there a connection?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Since having sciatica problems I sometimes have pain in my bladder when urinating. Is there a connnection?
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The pain in the bladder while urinating is likely to be related to the sciatica.
This can be properly diagnosed by an MRI scan of the lumbosacral spine.
In case the pain is severe and is associated with any symptoms of incontinence, then decompression of the nerve roots may be needed. Do consult a neurologist for proper treatment.
In case there is any urinary incontinence
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.