Similarities or differences between Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 and Type II?

Question
How are Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 and Type II similar? How are they different? Please explain in detail.
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Follow-up: Similarities or differences between Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 and Type II? 2 minutes later
What is the value of testing HgbA1c in patients with Diabetes? How would you interpret these findings:
Glucose, fasting 200mg/dL
Na 141 meq/L
K 5.3 meq/L
Cl 115 meq/L
BUN 21
Cr 1.5 mg/dL
GFR 54 mL/min/1.73m2
HgbA1c 7.7%
Follow-up: Similarities or differences between Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 and Type II? 0 minute later
Can you explain briefly chronic complications that can occur with Diabetes and the pathogenesis of these complications?

What data in this case supports my concerns about "going blind" or ending up with kidney failure? Please explain in detail

Given my history earlier what type of acute complication am I most at risk for and why? Please explain in detail.
my vital signs are t-97.9
P-66 and regular
R-14, BP 132/84 R arm, BMI 24.2

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 days later
Brief Answer:
Details are below

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for the delay in answering which was due to some technical error.

Type 1 diabetes is a chronic illness characterized by the body's inability to produce insulin due to the autoimmune or any structural defect in insulin producing cells in Pancreas. It is also known as insulin dependent diabetes or juvenile diabetes.

Type 2 diabetes is one in which either the body does not produce enough insulin or the cells ignore the insulin. Also known as non insulin dependent diabetes.

Some of the readings of test reports mentioned are out of range

Glucose, fasting 200mg/dL-- Shud be less than 100mg/dl

Na 141 meq/L-- normal

K 5.3 meq/L-- mildly deranged

Cl 115 meq/L-- normal

BUN 21-- mildly deranged

Cr 1.5 mg/dL-- deranged

GFR 54 mL/min/1.73m2

HgbA1c 7.7%--- high

Based on the above report one can conclude that the diabetes is not under control and is leading to renal damage.

Complications of diabetes include

Nephropathy,
Neuropathy,
Catarct,
retinopathy,
Cardiovascular diseases,
CNS diseases,
acanthosis nigricans,
sexual dysfunction, and frequent infections. etc

Parthenogenesis is same in most of the complications and is via vascular damage and increase chances or infection.

Amongst the reports,

K 5.3 meq/L-- mildly deranged

BUN 21-- mildly deranged

Cr 1.5 mg/dL-- deranged

GFR 54 mL/min/1.73m2 indicate renal problem, which could be initial stage of failure.

Acute complications you can go into is infections, this is due to increased blood sugar level which attracts the bacteria whose energy supply is the glucose in blood.

Your vital signs are normal.

I answered your query.

regards,

Follow-up: Similarities or differences between Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 and Type II? 22 hours later
Hi can you please send me more details on the differences of diabetes mellitus type 1 and 2.

based on the readings that are reported that came up mildly deranged what can happen to the body? Please explain each mildly deranged in detail

can you explain in more detail parthenogenesis and explain it more regarding complications???
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details are below

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

The below link provides real and well designed information interms of difference between type 1 an d type 2 diabetes.

WWW.WWWW.WW
If any doubts please let me know.

The deranged reports indicate the illhealth in the respective organs. The body will have to face the consequences of respective organ failures. For example If nephropathy occurs the symptoms related to the inability to regulate water and electrolyte balances, to clear waste products from the body, and to promote red Lethargy, weakness, shortness of breath, and generalized swelling may occur. Unrecognized or untreated, life-threatening circumstances can develop.

K 5.3 meq/L-- mildly deranged

BUN 21-- mildly deranged

Cr 1.5 mg/dL-- deranged

All three deranged levels indicate lower kidney functioning and hence the above explanations suits all.

HBA1C indicates the degree of the control on diabetes over last three months.

Hope, I answered your query.