Signs of Diabend M not being effective for diabetes?

Hi Doctor, I am 60 years old and a diabetic for over 25 years ,present weight 107 Kgs and height 5.10 feet.I am taking two Diabend M tablets after every meal and Atorlip F for cholesterol and I now I regularly take optisulin tab as vitamin suppliment.On my blood sugar level was 184 mga/dl on 20/02/2014 and after controlling my diet it has come down to 140.Total serum cholestral 182 HDL 36,CH HDL 5.1 LDL 107 VLDL 39 TRiglycerides 194.Frequesntly walking upto 20 minutes average.I have a feeling that whether Diabend M is not controlling my diabetes as I am taking for years to gether.i use artifical sweetner for taking coffee and not using direct sugar.Urinating cycle is little bit higher.Please advise me.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: change medicines Detailed Answer: Hi, In my opinion, yes, you need to increase or add new medication for this. There are many new oral and inject able medicines available. You should discuss with your physician about it. Besides that triglycerides are also slightly higher, you might need medicines for it. Continue diet control and exercise. I want that your fasting sugar level is in between 80- 120 and post meal is less than 180. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards