Side effects of the preventive vaccination of cervical cancer? Impact on health or fertility?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Need to know if there are any side effects of the preventive vaccination of cervical cancer. Are there any ill effects in the long run that might impact my health and/or fertility after getting vaccinated? Should I get this vaccination done? I am 35 years of age and have not been involved in any sexual activity ever. Please guide and respond at the earliest as I have enrolled myself in the vaccination programme to be vaccinated on 27th. Also, the vaccine is from GlaxoSmithkline Beecham.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Taking a preventive vaccination for cervical cancer is a good idea. It is a safe vaccination and should be taken by all women to prevent the chances of having a cervical cancer.
It has got no adverse effects on your future fertility or the child bearing potential. Please do not worry and go ahead with the vaccination as scheduled.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.