Side effects of Keraglo, Finax, Mintop and Minochem?

I am 39 years old. According to my doctor I take keraglo men twice in a day and finax tablet once in a day. I use also Mintop 5% 1ml and Minochem N 1ml in every day. I want to know is there any side effects of these drugs?
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 1 hour later

Let me enumerate side effects of each medication. They include:

1. Keraglo men is a vitamin supplements. It is relatively very safe. Rarely some symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, intestinal intolerance and reduced feeding occurs in some of the person with this medication.

2. Common Side effects of Finax tablet (finasteride) are decreased libido, ejaculatory dysfunction, decreased ejaculate amount, breast enlargement, etc.

3. Common side effects of mintop 5 %( minoxidil) are- body weight gain, swelling, fast heart rate, pigmentation, abnormal hair growth and allergic reactions. Decrease in white blood cells and platelets along with breast tenderness, etc are also reported in some people on this medication.

4. In addition to minoxidil Minokem N 5% also contains Azelaic Acid and Tretin┬Čoin. Both these may have individual side effects such as
- Common side effects of Azelaic Acid are dryness; temporary burning, itching, redness, stinging, or tingling at the application site and severe allergic reactions (rash, itching, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest, swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
- Side effects of tretinoin are skin sensitivity, temporary changes in pigmentation, bone pain; dry skin and mouth; fever; hair loss; headache; increased sweating; itching; nausea; rash; tiredness; vomiting; weakness, etc.

In view of multiple side effects, the use of the above medications needs to be governed and monitored by a competent physician. Report to your treating doctor if you have any of the aforementioned symptoms.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and please write a review.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Dr Sourav Ganguly