Sick to stomach condition and nausea all the time after radical nephrectomy and splenectomy. Taking Zofran. Suggest?

I am looking for a Dr. that can figure out why my dad is in such a sick to stomach condition all the time after a radical nephrectomy and splenectomy. He is taking Zofran now, still doesn't touch his constant nausea.
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probably due to uremia

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query

Nausea could be either because of some medication he is on or it could be because of uremia secondary to his mild renal failure.
I could help you better if you could tell me what medications he is on
Zofer has ondansetron which is a wonderful drug to prevent vomiting however it does not do much for nausea. I would advice levosulpride twice daily and a higher anti gastric agent like esomeprazole twice daily. Please approach your doctor with my suggestion

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me