Shows signs of dementia. Feels strange and forget things. Remedy?

how can I get my wife to the doctors? she seems to show signs of dementia.She is 62,cannot have a conversation, says really strange things, forgets things(like leaving the stove on) Please help. (e-mail- YYYY@YYYY Thank You

Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 2 hours later

Thank your for the query.

1. You can call ambulance or can use personal vehicle to hospital. If she is ambulatory you can discuss with her and take assistance from other person to take her to hospital.

2. Since your wife has and says strange things this need to be evaluated. Get done one MRI brain, EEG (electroencephalogram) with this we can come to know any visible structural deficits / pathology. Neurological examination and Hormone levels like TSH with the other basic blood investigation should be done to diagnose and manage.

Hope I answered your question. Consult your neurologist for further management. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.

Wish you good health. Take care.