Shoulder pain after injury. Difficulty lifting weights. No swelling or dislocation

Hello I have pain in my shoulder, I fell during snowboarding. Its been 3 weeks already. It feels like muscle in my shoulder. I tried to locate it, it feels like front/side of upper shoulder. When pressing all muscles around the shoulder there is no pain .The most pain I get when lifting any kind of weight sideways up There is no pain when lifting forward or back. Any weight more than 15 lbs wont let me raise my shoulder sideways. Shoulder is not dislocated, no swollen.
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later
Hello Sir,

Thanks for your query,
I understand your concern
The most likely possibility could be a minor muscle/ligament tear
You do not have should dislocation
You need physiotherapy and rest of the joint for 3-4 weeks and it will improve. If you feel severe pain, short course of analgesics may be used

Hope this clarifies your query
Please let me know if you have any concern
Best wishes