Shoulder operation done. Feeling tremor in hand MRI showed rotator cuff tear and bursitis. Worrisome

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi, i have had two shoudler ops, first one was a subacromial decompression, then after i had severe weakness and a tremor like action if i moved my arm outwards or upwards an mri was done which showed further tears to a rotator cuff and bursitis, tendonitis. first surgeon would not look at me again as he believed no tears were apparent even after mri findings. i had second op where tendon was repaired, and acrominplasty was also done. i still have the tremor action and has been getting worse on certain movements. if that left arm is on sterring wheel of car to drive my arm goes like a dead weight feels weak and then in shoulder area it begins to hurt. i am getting frustrated as i am asking for a nerve conduction test in the shoulder area as i never had any such sympton until after the first procedure was done on my arm.
Posted Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 28 minutes later
The tremor in the arm and feeling of heaviness in the arm could be due to a nerve compression at the level of shoulder joint or the cervical spine.
A site of problem. Sometimes mild inflammatory swelling can cause the symptoms which improve after the inflammation subsides.
You can avoid all the overhead activities and start taking methylcobalamin supplements after consulting your orthopedician for symptomatic improvement.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.