Should the pencil tip be brought till the nose tip while doing exercises for outward squint in both eyes?

Excellent

Ophthalmologist
Question
sir, my daughter has intermittent outqard squint in both the eyes. eye power is -1.25 in both the eyes. she is 5 years old. canhomeopathy help sir the eye doctor has given exercise of looking at the pencil tip bringing it close to the eye. should the pencil tip be brought till the nose tip or stopped where her eyes do not feel strained.
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Intermittent squint is treated by fusional exercis Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Iam Dr Dadapeer k an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that your five year old daughter is having intermittent squint with a refractive power of 1.5 in both eyes. Intermittent squint is because of weakness of fusion of the eyes. Since the refractive power is equal in both the eyes there is no risk of developing lazy eye. I don't think there is any effective treatment for squint in homeopathy. The main treatment is to increase the fusional power in muscles of eye by doing exercises as advice by your eye doctor. Coming to your followup question in pencil exercise the pencil ad to be brought as near as possible till it appears double. This point can be nose tip or still closer. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you

Follow-up: Should the pencil tip be brought till the nose tip while doing exercises for outward squint in both eyes? 11 hours later
dear sir, thank you so much.i would like to know if some vitamin supplements can be given to her to increase the strength of her eyes in addition to the exercises.

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: A healthy nutritious diet is advised. Detailed Answer: Hello Thank you for the follow up. Vitamin supplements are not required specifically. But a healthy nutritious diet with lots of fruits and green leafy vegetables is required. Otherwise she has to continue exercises and attend followup as advised by your eye doctor. Thank you

Follow-up: Should the pencil tip be brought till the nose tip while doing exercises for outward squint in both eyes? 19 minutes later
dear sir, thank you so much.i would like to know are any video games available or some computerised exercises available for kids that could help resolve this problem. because kids do that with much more enthusiasm than the pencil exercise.

Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: More of near work will help. Detailed Answer: Hello, There are no specific computer games or video games specifically designed for fusion exercises. But you can engage her in more and more near work like mobile games, drawing, painting, reading cartoons..... and so on. More of near work will help in improving the fusion. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you