Should red lesion on eyelid be drained using a warm cloth?

Hi! I have a red/white blob on the outside and inside of my eyelid. I have been putting warm cloth on it, Has been draining should I go to the doctor, or let it go by itself?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Looks like stye Detailed Answer: Hi The description sounds like stye. You are doing the right thing by putting warm cloth on it. Increase the frequency and there is no active intervention needed by a doctor for two weeks. Do it for five times and for 5 minutes each time. For pain you can take over the counter Ibuprofen/Acetaminophen according to dose. If it does not get better you can then see a doctor for drainage.
Follow-up: Should red lesion on eyelid be drained using a warm cloth? 13 minutes later
Is there anything else that I should be doing for it? I thought it was a stye,but did not know it could be on inside and outside.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Hot compresses are the main stay of treatment Detailed Answer: Hi, Sebaceous glands are part of the eyelids if they are blocked it leads to stye. They are on both sides of the eyelids. I do not think there is anything else to be done. As I said if it pains you can take Ibuprofen up to 400mg. Thank you.