Should progynova doosage increased for FET after failed IVF?

Infertility Specialist
Dear Doctor, I am due for FET after a failed IVF fresh cycle. I plan to do a FET on day 19 of the cycle. Instead of taking 2 mg progynova i have been taking 1 mg progynova - on day 14 the endomerium was at 7.4 mm. The doctor in india who will do the proceedure is happy with it and has asked me increase progynova from 3 to 4 tablets a day and i have started the susten gel and the duphoston But my local doctor wants me to increase the dosage from 3 to 5 tablets and check if the lining increases before asking me to depart for the transfer. Any advice on what i should do? Will it make any difference if i take 4 or 5 tablets a day of 2 mg progynova?
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Increase dose Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) The dose of progynova you are taking is adequate. No need to worry. 2) Endometrium 7.4 mm is good enough. Though more than 8 mm with triple line appearance is better. 3) I generally give my patients on FET 2 mg 3 times a day and increase it to 4 times a day if endometrim is around 7 mm like yours. Hence I would advice you to increase dose to 2 mg 4 times a day. 4) You can also ask your doctor to add a prescription for ecosprin 75 mg tablet once a day. I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have. Regards, Dr.Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Follow-up: Should progynova doosage increased for FET after failed IVF? 2 hours later
Hi Doc Thanks for your answer. I am already taking Asa 50 mg which should work as an ecospirin right? The issue is that I am abroad and need to go to India for fet. So my scheduled transfer is on 19th and I started using susten gel and duphoston before finding out my lining was 7.4 as my local doc was on vacation. So do you think between now and 18th my lining will grow considering I have already started the progestone? Also I heard my doc say that it is hazy endometrium - what does that mean? Thanks again for your help and support.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: HI, You can take the medicine as discussed above it will help in improving endometrium as thee is still time. Hazy endometrium means no triple line. Its not really a concern if thickness grows. All the best for your embryo transfer. Regards