Should immediate medical advice be seeked for swelling of testicles after hernia surgery?

Jul 2016

My husband had a groin hernia repair done yesterday. This morning he coughed really hard and now his left sac (sorry) is now completely full like it was before his surgery. As it is thanksgiving today his doctor that did the surgery is not in the clinic but he will be tomorrow (Friday). Do I need to take him to the ER today or can it wait till tomorrow, when we can see his doctor?
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 days later
Brief Answer: It is due to post operative oedma Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your husband who has undergone surgery for hernia two days back has developed swelling in the sac following coughing. This is most likely to b due to two factors post operative Orchitis and oedema of the sub- cutaneous tissue due to surgical trauma. This is natural and is common to have swelling of the testicle in post operative period. There is nothing to be worried about . Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily It will get resolved in a week and as the wound heals up, Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil. .