Should i take medicines regularly inspite of raised post Prandial sugar levels?

I have my Hb1C 6.7% and my PP remains in range of 170 to 180. Should I go for some medicen regularly
Posted Mon, 17 Mar 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hba1c above 6.5 is XXXXXXX diabetes Detailed Answer: Dear sir As per your query you have persistently raised post Prandial sugars which is in range between 170 to 180. Initial rise in the hba1c is contributed by rise of post Prandial sugars. According to your values you need to start medicines for diabetes as soon as possible. But in initial situation life style modification and dietary modification is adviced. So what is suggest is to control your diet strictly and exercise atleast 150min per week. Recheck your values after two months. If it is still high then you need to start medicines. Hope this information is helpful Thanks