Should i go back and reschedule another EMG and MRI for experiencing fast twitches on my knees?

i am experiencing fast twitches above my right and left knee that come on for about 2-3 seconds i am worried it might be ALS but i was just tested last year with an MRI and EMG which both came up fine, however i am still getting these twitches everyday like clockwork....i am not dieting or exercising at all, actually I am in the worse shape of my life to date about 30 pounds overweight... Should i go back and reschedule another EMG and MRI just to be sure....? please let me know your thoughts on this...
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need evaluation Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Twitches that you are describing are definitely organic means have some cause. In ALS , your lower limbs should also be stiff as compared to upper limbs. It's also expected that you should have wasting in upper limbs. Weight gain is not a symptom of ALS. It's also possible that you don't have any thing neurological , But it's always better to be sure. You should get a proper neurological examination which will guide to investigation to be done if required. I hope I am able to answer your query .If still you have any query ask me. Stay Healthy