Should i get worried for decreased heart rate of my fetus ?

The heartrate of my 7 week old foetus (CRL - 0.5 cm, 6.3 weeks) is 70 bpm. Should I be worried?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 29 minutes later

Yes, it is on the lower side. You need to get a repeat Ultrasound to see whether the Heart rate of the fetus has improved or not. There are little variations detected among various Fetuses. It is a matter of concern but can not be commented right now till we see the reports of the repeat ultrasound which will help us in deciding the future line of treatment.

Between the Gestational Age of 6-7 weeks the normal heart rate of the fetus is considered to range between 90 to 110 beats per minute while it should get faster around 140 to 170 for the Gestational age of 9 to 10 weeks, at this age the developing embryo has everything that is present in normal adult human.

I would suggest you to discuss with your Gynecologist about the repeat scan.

Please write back or scan and mail the reports of the repeat Ultrasound scan, to help you in deciding the future line of treatment. You can mail me the reports to YYYY@YYYY with the subject:ATTN Dr.Sapan J Pandya. Please confirm the mailing of the reports by writing here about sending it.

Awaiting your reply.