Should i be concerned with these MCHC lab results?

My MCHC is 30.7 g/dl, shold I be concernd? My doctor made a note on my lab results re: pancreas. I couldn't read the rest of it and so far my dotor hasn't called me about it. Is there any connection?
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: Query is ambiguous. MCHC is normal. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and it look little bit ambiguous. Your MCHC ( Mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration ) is with in normal limits . It does have any major relation with pancreas. If possible please elaborate your symptoms and also upload the investigation reports to make the clear view of your query. Waiting for your response.
Follow-up: Should i be concerned with these MCHC lab results? 23 hours later
I have a small gall stone but am considered asymptomatic (no fever, not turning yellow, not throwing up - the symptoms I am told to be aware of. My Lipase was also a bit high, maybe that is where the pancreas comment is ocming from. Thank you for your help. My doctor won't return my messages/calls.
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Measure Amylase level. avoid fat and oily foods. Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes. Pancreatic lipase may be elevated in cases of Gall stones. If Possible please measure Amylase level. If both are elevated, then it might be due to Pancreatitis. Further you can also have a mildly high lipase level even when you do not have any problems with your pancreas. As you do not have any abdominal pain, jaundice, stool changes, vomiting etc, Do not concern more about this. Avoid oily and fat rich foods. Take plenty of vegetables and fiber rich foods. Drink plenty of water. Exercise regularly. Please re do Ultrasound abdomen and other blood tests three months for follow up. If still the gall stone is there and Pancreatic enzymes are elevated, then you need further evaluation for treatment. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.