Should i be concerned over my CT scan report ?

Nov 2013

Hi, I am XXXXXXX age 29, slim, weight 61. I am feeling bit light headache from last few weeks, also I slipped and hurted back of my head 4 months back. I requested my physician for CT Scan and he suggested to go for plain head CT scan. After CT Scan It indicated old fracture frontal bone and no intracranial beeling and remaining all looked normal. I consulted orthopaedician, he examined my scan report and said he found nothing as old fracture bone on scan and informed me nothing to worry and prescribed tryptomer (amitriptyline) for 15 days and after 15 days if still i feel headache, he said he will refer neurologist. But I am bit worried about my report and kindly help me in this regard
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: There is no need to worry. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your symptoms and CT scan report. First of all, I would like to reassure you that there is no need to worry about the CT brain findings, as they look normal. Fracture in skull bone would be seen on CT, and if ortho doctor did not see any fracture, then, there is no need to worry. If possible, please upload the CT scan report. I also noted that your headache has not responded with amitriptyline tablets. In that case, you may go for MRI brain, which can detect even minor abnormalities of brain (which can get missed on CT brain). As of now, you can take naproxen tablets for pain relief. I hope my reply has helped you. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, For DIRECT QUERY to me: My blog:
Follow-up: Should i be concerned over my CT scan report ? 21 hours later
Hi, Thank you for your quick response. Kindly find my attached head scan report. I am feeling better now. Also is it mandatory to go for MRI scan as you mentioned. I am bit worried about this report. Is it ok to ignore this scan report and concentrate on my work and continue normal. Could you please suggest any vitamin tablets if required. Looking forward for your reply. Thanks, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: No need for MRI scan now. Detailed Answer: Thank you for getting back. I have seen your CT scan report and agree that they are within normal limits, and there is no need to worry about old fracture of frontal bone. Since you are also feeling better, there is no need to go for an MRI scan of brain. There is no need of vitamin tablets, you can take normal diet and carry on with normal activities. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)