Should i be concerned over flutter feeling at the end of my rib cage in the centre of my abdomen?

for the last couple of days i have intermittently had a pulse / flutter feeling at the end of my rib cage in the centre of my abdomen. it is visible to see. it has gone after a few mins, should i go to get it checked, It has not been whilst doing exercise, i have been sat down at the time . I am a 49 yr old female.
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Brief Answer: blood pressure, ECG at initial stage Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I understand perfectly how this could be, especially if you are observing it for the very first time. It is however important to be sure you have never had this feeling. Any history of heart disease or abnormal heart beat in the past is worth noting. In case this is the very first time, the circumstances under which you observed this are important. It is not rare at times to see, when looking closely at ones heart pulse through the chest. It is however a call for concern if you actually recognize that it is regular. If it is your first time or recognizing this, and you are convinced it is actually irregular, my advice is to get to get an urgent medical review for an electrocardiogram (ECG) to check heart rhythm, a chest X ray and cardiac ultrasound to be done, coupled with a complete physical examination, to know exactly what is going on. I suggest you consult your primary care physician, and get the necessary preliminary tests done as shall be directed by your doctor. Kind regards as wish you the best of health. Dr Bain