Ask a Dentist   »  

Should i be concerned about two small painless lumps which are easily mobile under the jaw?

Hi I am feeling two small hard lumps under my jaw which is painless and easily move around it started 3 days back so I am worrying that what could be wrong. It is only on my lright side jaw
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Tiwari 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Small painless lump can be Lymph node or Cyst Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern. In the first instance, I would not be very concerned about two small painless lump which is easily mobile under the jaw. It may be a lymph node or a cyst. As its been there for only 3 days, it might resolve in a few days. However if you develop additional symptoms such as pain, increase in the size of swelling, fever, throat pain, tooth pain or if more lumps develop you should consider visiting a doctor for evaluation. The doctor can perform local examination and if needed a biopsy. So do not be worried. Keep a watch on the lump. Hope I answered your query Wishing you good health If you have any other query you are free to ask Regards Dr. Priyanka Tiwari