Should i be concerned about swollen lymph nodes on my right side neck?

I have a swollen lymph node on my right side neck - I took care of two kids with colds 2 days ago but I feel fine. Could that be related? It was swollen before so I had a CT scan two months ago and they found nothing. What should I do to help the situation? Asprin? drink more? Only medicine I'm taking is Crestor. thanks,
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Cervical lymphnodes are nothing much to worry about. They generally get inflamed when ever there is any infection viral or bacterial. Even a mild infection can lead to this kind of problem. The fact that you were exposed to two children who had cold suggest that you could have contracted soke mild infection leading to these swollen lymph nodes. Mostly it is self limiting and there is nothing much to worry about. It will recover by self. If the lymphnodes become painful and you further develop throat congestion and cough then you may have to start an antibiotic along with an antipyretic like paracetamol. In that case cefexime should be a good option. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.