Should i be concerned about slight elevation of platelets and liver enzymes?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I am being tested for RA. The antibody tests came back normal but my platelets are 416 and my liver enzymes at 41.Is there reason for concern?
Posted Wed, 26 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to HCM Detailed Answer: Both these findings are nothing to worry about since this is just slight elevation of platelets and LFTs and probably it would be normal if your repeat test in few weeks. Liver disorder goes with much higher liver enzymes and you would have certain symptoms. also,it is always much better to have elevated platelets than low. At this point I suggest just to repeat blood tests in 2 months and see will there be any progression of LFTs. if yes, then you should do liver ultrasound. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards