Should i be concerned about red swollen sore area where i got suboxone shot?

I shot suboxone and now the injected place is red around it,really sore and swollen? What should I do? I am on ciprofloxacin already for other reason will that help it?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Possible injection to artery.... Detailed Answer: Hi, It might be related to: - if injection was on intramuscular, the swollen and red site of injection might be because of you injected a blood vessel (artery). - possible allergic reaction I suggest to apply cold compresses to the affected area if you do not have any other symptom. If within a couple of days it will be still swollen, you should consult your physician for further evaluation. Ciprofloxacin is an antibiotic and can help resolve infection problems. The symptoms you are having are not related to infection. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana