Should i be concerned about nodules in adrenal and thyroid gland?

Hello I am a Caucasian, 35/m 5'9" 185 lbs, in shape, living in Rhode Island, US. I have two beautiful boys that I wake up to every morning and I have no interest in leaving them at this point. Last year I had a right adrenal gland nodule spotted by accident after a CT scan to check on a hernia that was operated on successfully. Recently I have been having a dull pain in the right adrenal area, not a major pain, but sore by touch. Also, I have been experiencing spikes in Blood pressure, nervousness, and irritability. So I went back to the endocrinologist and she found another nodule on my thyroid. This one does not hurt, but I can feel it slightly when drinking or eating as it is a small lump that is difficult to notice. Now that I know it is there I feel tight in my shoulder area and slightly below the shoulder area. My tests are this week and include blood tests, urine, Ultrasound and another CT. My endocrinologist was concerned with the lump and mentioned the C-word (Cancer). My heart all most dropped. I don't want to die with young children under my care. I am one of those tough guys, but I am crying as I write this. Are these nodules spreading? Does having them in both spots increase my chances of cancer. I need some info. Thank you
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nodules Detailed Answer: Incidental nodules in adrenal and thyroid glands are not uncommon. The vast majority are benign. I am glad you are seeing an endocrinologist for these as they are the most qualified doctors to manage these. It is quite likely she must have ordered CBC CMP TSH Free T4 Plasma fractionated metanephrines Aldosterone Renin ratio Midnight salivary cortisol amongst other tests annd possibly alternatives to some of these above tests An ultrasound is the best way to look at the thyroid module and define its characteristics.
Follow-up: Should i be concerned about nodules in adrenal and thyroid gland? 4 minutes later
does having nodules in both spots equal something potentially greater? Does it mean they are spreading? That's all Thank you
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Unlikely Detailed Answer: Very small chances of what you are describing. However, the endocrinologist will make the final call on that after appropriate investigations. One rare connection between the two is a Medullary thyroid cancer in the thyroid and a Pheochromocytoma in the adrenal gland. Again, I do not want you to worry unnecessarily because majority of the time these lumps are benign