Should i be concerned about bleeding in my eye

I haave blood in my right eye covering all the white no pain and no vision losss cant get hold f my opthomologist should I be worried?
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No need to get worried now if it is the first time Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this bleeding in your eye. This is termed subconjunctival hemmorrhage. This happens when a blood vessel in the eye breaks and blood spills into the tissue.This can be provoked by sneezing, coughing, trauma, etc. If it happens once, there is no reason to rush to a doctor. However, if it becomes repetitive, the need t get consulted becomes more pressing. It will take sometime for this blood to get absorbed completely. This may require severals weeks for th eyes to return to normal after the blood has been cleared off. I will like you to learn more about this condition from a summarized patient friendly page. you can follow up with me if there are any clarifications or questions that you would like us to address. I wish you the best of possible outcomes. I wish you good health. Thank you so much for using our services. Dr. Ditah, MD.