Should gabapentin be taken along with pramexipole for augmentation?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes; 300 mg QHS Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. I read a recent published study about 'medication tolerance and augmentation' in patients with RLS. The most effective and recently introduced treatment for this was proved to be with gabapentin. The study was conducted on several patients and the medication was found to be beneficial. 1. Yes sir, I would also recommend the same. 2. The recommended dose is 300 mg QHS. But please speak to your doctor for further assistance and confirmation of the dosage. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Best wishes.
Follow-up: Should gabapentin be taken along with pramexipole for augmentation? 2 hours later
Should I also decrease pramexipole? And should start gabapentin at 300 or 100 and increase?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do not reduce now; recommended dose 300 mg Detailed Answer: Hello once again sir. There is no indication to reduce pramexipole as off now, as gabapentin is usually advised as additive therapy. But in most patients we do reduce the dosage gradually, but only after the new medication has shown a successful response rate in the patient. So as of now, do not reduce the pramezipole. As for the gabapentin, the recommended dosage is 300 mg QHS, but it would be best to speak to your doctor for the most effective dosage in your specific case sir. Your doctor would know everything about your case better than I would, which is why I would recommend you to discuss the dosage with him. I hope this information helps you sir. Best wishes.
People also viewed
- Could i take gabapentin along with neuroveen
- Can neuroveen be taken along with gabapentin
- Left ear numbness valium tramadol gabapentin taken recommendations
- Moxikind cv 625 cross reaction
- Chronic deep white matter ischemic change
- For what disease moxikind cv 625 is used
- Chronic deep ischemic changes
- Chronic ischaemic changes in deep white matter
- Chonic ischemic change involving occipital lobe
- When to eat mankind moxikind cv 625
- Should gabapentin be taken along with pramexipole for augmentation
- And thoracic spine and cervix
- Clavam 625 medicine is useful for gums swelling
- Gabapentin enacarbil vs gabapentin
- Uses and side effects of moxikind cv 625