Should folic acid be stopped if Vitafol ultra has been prescribed during pregnancy?

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
hello Dr, I am 3 month pregnant and I use Folic Asid daily, I went to the Dr last week and she gave me Vitafol Ultra. Should I stop Folic bills and she gave one box
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Its right Detailed Answer: Hello!Thanks for your query. Folic acid is recommended until 12 weeks of pregnancy because on this age of pregnancy is predisposed that have finished organogenesis of foetus. Folic acid is used to prevent spina bifida ,defect of fetal spine. You should stop using folic acid and start to use vitafol ultra that are supplements of vitamins approved from FDA. Take care of your self and your pregnancy